Celebrate Earth Day at MIAC!
Hands-on Outdoors Fun for Everyone at the Museum
April 22, 2017 11:00 am through 4:00 pm
MUSEUM OF INDIAN ARTS AND CULTURE EVENTS
11:00 am Blessing by Arnold Herrera (Cochiti Pueblo)
Free outdoor event on Museum Hill and MIAC’s Avanyu Heritage Trail
- First 100 people get a free cloth bag to stamp with organic materials
- Make your own seed pot w/newspaper
- Learn about traditional planting methods-waffle gardens/terraced
- Learn about open-pollinated native seeds
- Painting from Nature activity by SFCM staff
- All activities are outdoors, so please dress accordingly!
The Museum of Indian Arts & Culture is located on Museum Hill at 710 Camino Lejo off Old Santa Fe Trail. Children 16 and under are always free. Single visit to museum: NM residents $7; non-residents $12. For more information, call (505) 476-1269 or contact the Living Traditions Education Department, Director Joyce Begay-Foss (505) 476-1272
SANTA FE CHILDREN’S MUSEUM EVENTS
11:45 am Blessing by Arnold Herrera (Cochiti Pueblo)
- Bake in a Solar oven and other activities with Positive Energy Solar (11-2)
- Bake in our horno with Francisco Ochoa "Horno Man" (11-4)
- Explore composting with SF Master Gardeners Association, SCAT team
- Plant a seed in a recycled planter (11-4)
- Enjoy a snack provided by Whole Foods
- Make seed balls with MIAC staff (11-4)
Santa Fe Children’s Museum is located at 1050 Old Pecos Trail
Admission: $5.00 for Children; $7.50 Adults; Children under one are free.
For more information contact Tammy McLellan @ 989-8359 ext 123 or email@example.com